Reflections: Divided 2, 2010
Marshall McLuhan stated that technology is an extension of a human body, but he also noted that every technological extension amputates or modifies some other extension. In Divided 2, I attempt to create a contemplative space that explores issues of the real and the virtual self. The project presents a split image of a viewer on a large projection screen. Difficult to recognize at first the image stares at the viewer. Constantly redefining itself it becomes a digital mirror, a digital persona of the viewer reflected in the virtual space that blends our desires, fears and complexes into a distorted, extended self. Divided 2 is my reflection on the parallel lives, real and virtual, that people lead today.
Concept, design and development: Przemysław J. Moskal
Music: Jarek Grzesica
Exhibitions and Presentations:
- Selected by Hallwalls Contemporary Art Center in Buffalo to participate in a group exhibition STIMULUS Artists and Models Affair #22, 2010
- Presented at 7th Annual 4th Street Arts and Music Festival in New Jersey, 2010
- Exhibited as part of a group exhibition titled Imaging / Obrazowanie at Centrum Sztuki - Galeria El (Art Center - El Gallery) in Elblag, Poland, 2010
- Virtual Humanities group exhibition, Icon Gallery in Coimbra, Portugal; Curated by Jose Vieira of FONLAND, 2010
- Exhibition of Reflections: Divided 2 and Digital Sculptures for Analog Sounds at Gallery 2.0, Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, Poland, curator Roch Forowicz, 2010. Click here to view pictures from the opening of the exhibition.