Digital Sculptures for Analog Sounds, 2010-12
Digital Sculptures for Analog Sounds is a collection of interactive virtual sculptures and environments inspired by 13 tracks of analog sounds composed by artists of the Warsaw Electronic Festival (WEF).
The viewer can explore the virtual space and mentally immerses him/herself in a contemplative, stimulating electronic soundscape. The explorations are time limited to the lengths of individual sounds. Some pieces are pure explorations of the surreal and abstract three-dimensional environments, others evolve with time and with development of the sounds. The sounds are played linearly but the interactive experience of the virtual space challenges that linearity. My attempt was to create an interactive audiovisual environment that regardless of the juxtaposition of the linear audio and non-linear visuals develops its own rhythm in time and space through the viewer-participant’s movement.
The analog compilation was conceived by a composer and musician, Krzysztof Cybulski. However, it was Jarek Grzesica, WEF's director, who invited me to create interactive 3D visualizations of the 13 tracks that were selected for the project.
3D digital sculptures and interaction design using Microsoft Kinect: Przemysław J. Moskal
Analog sounds compilation: Krzysztof Cybulski
Producer: Jaroslaw Grzesica, Warsaw Electronic Festival 2010
Analog sounds/tracks: Brunette Models, Lukasz Ciszak, Krzysiek Cybulski, Eta Carinae, Jarek Grzesica, Guiddo, Hau, Kim Nasung, Nmls, noiko, RND, Vasen Piparjuuri, Michal Wolski
Exhibitions and Presentations:
- Premiered at the Gallery 2.0, Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, Poland during WEF 2010. Click here to view pictures from the opening of the exhibition.
- Presented at 7th Annual 4th Street Arts and Music Festival in New Jersey, 2010
- Online JavaMuseum exhibition of the New Media Fest 2010, Global Heritage of Digital Culture, Germany, 2010
- Online exhibition for Chico.Art.Net.2010, Department of Art and Art History, California State University, Chico, 2010
- Part of exhibition titled Cyberideologies, part of the FONLAD Festival at the UAVM Virtual Museum, Portugal, 2011
- Presented at Interacting With Immersive Worlds conference at Brock University in Ontario, Canada, 2011
- Screened at FILE / Hypersonica, part of the Electronic Language International Festival in Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2011
- QR_Art: Digital Sculptures for Analog Sounds, part of the traveling group exhibition titled Do Not Leave The World As It Is - Janusz Korczak. The exhibition was presented in New York/ US, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, and Slovenia, 2012-13
- Invited for screening (video version) at the European Film Festival for Documentaries - documentArt, Poland/Germany in video art category, 2012. Click here to watch the video version of the project.
- Exhibition at the ChoP Festival, Polish Experimental Music in Shenzhen, China with the financial support of The Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, The Adam Mickiewicz Institute (PL), Art and Technology Foundation (PL), Canisius College (US), MooKa Spaces (CN), 2012. Click here to view pictures from the exhibition.